“Our innovative approach focuses on establishing a leveraged position early in the litigation. Combining our vast trial and complex litigation experience with advanced technology allows us to deliver powerful results for our clients."
Roe is one of the top trial lawyers in the United States, trying many complex tort and product liability cases, primarily on the plaintiff’s side. Roe was selected as Outstanding Trial Lawyer of the Year in Mississippi in 1993. He has been lead counsel in many multi-million dollar verdicts in complex litigation cases, and handled scores of civil settlements in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Roe also has a considerable amount of experience defending companies in a myriad of business disputes, contract claims, and tort litigation.
He is a frequent speaker and writer on a variety of legal and technology topics, earning the distinction of a “Global Top 100 Legal Technology Thought Leader” by City Tech Magazine, London U.K., plus being featured in the “President’s Corner” of Law & Technology News.
Roe also is the Co-Founder of Cicayda, a litigation SaaS in e-discovery, and the former CEO of CaseLogistix, a critically acclaimed e-discovery review software, now owned by Thomson Reuters.
At Cumberland Law School (Class of 1985) he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Cumberland Law Review and Co-Captain of the National Moot Court team. He is a 1982 graduate of Wake Forest University.
Roe is active in the Nashville start-up business community and mentors and assists many young entrepreneurs. He is a casual golfer, 9990 skier, and sports enthusiast, including as a coach of AAU Boys Basketball for many years. Roe is proud to be a Kentucky Colonel, and you can find him at Churchill Downs on the first Saturday of every May.
Here are a few other things about Roe:
• AV Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
• Member, Mississippi Bar (admitted 1985)
• Alabama Bar (admitted 1988)
• Tennessee Bar (admitted 2017)
• Member of the Tennessee Bar Association, Mississippi Bar Association, Alabama Bar Association, Nashville Bar Association
• Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Mississippi Supreme Court, the Alabama Supreme Court, the Tennessee Supreme Court, and various U.S. federal district courts and courts of appeal
• Finalist, Nashville’s 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year, Greater Nashville Chamber of Commerce and Nashville Entrepreneur Center
• Speaker, ILTAcon 2017, International Legal Technology Association
• Speaker at LexThink.1, ABA TechShow
• Author of numerous articles in law reviews and industry publications
• Member, Dean’s Advisory Board of Governors, Cumberland School of Law
• Owner, Digome, a nominee for the Best in Digital Technology for Music in 2009, Next Nashville.
• Fellow, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
• Fellow, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
• Kentucky Colonel, Honorable Order of the Kentucky Colonels
• Member, Nashville Kiwanis Club, Nashville, Tennessee
• Member and Usher, Covenant Presbyterian Church
He is a Martindale-Hubbell AV-Rated attorney and is admitted to the Supreme Courts of Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee as well as the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, various US. Federal district courts and courts of appeal.
Patrick graduated from Ole Miss Law School in 1984 and attended undergraduate school there as well. He moved to the Nashville area in 2012 from China where part of his work involved consulting with Chinese law firms and businesses on a variety of issues. Since his return to the U.S. he has become active in the community including his work as a reserve deputy and a member of the volunteer fire department in addition to providing pro bono legal representation to various charitable organizations in the area.
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 2014 (Top 18%)
- Research and Writing Editor for the American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Scholar of Merit in Civil Procedure
Areas of Practice:
- Products Liability/Mass Torts
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
Trey is admitted to practice law in Tennessee, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Trey’s office is in the Nashville location of Frazer Law.
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- Dean’s Citation for Excellence in Contract Drafting
Areas of Practice:
- Corporate transactions
- Outsourced general counsel
In complex litigation, there often is a disconnect between the front lines of e-discovery and first-chair, lead trial counsel. “With e-discovery being where many cases are won or lost, it’s smart to retain a full-service litigation team on the cutting edge of technology as well as experienced in the lead role at trial,” says Roe Frazer, head of Frazer PLC. “We focus on innovative strategies designed to establish strong positions early, leveraging advanced technology in early case assessment, fact-finding, and discovery strategy ” says Frazer.
Frazer PLC is committed to lean principles and sensible fee arrangements. The advantage of strategy design from a first-chair perspective at every stage of the litigation allows for key decisions to be made quickly and dynamically. Finding the proverbial needle in the haystack, Frazer says, is the most important piece of that puzzle, and one that Frazer PLC is focused upon intently. “To keep costs down, we attempt to get at the key data early, and devise keen strategies around that data,” he noted. Frazer says that the Firm’s attorneys, e-discovery professionals, and data analysts give its litigation clients a unique advantage: “no case is too big for us because we deploy the latest and fastest technology, creating efficiencies in time and resources.” According to Frazer: “We work with lawyers to assist them in their very unique needs and goals with innovative litigation solutions.”
Frazer PLC also offers solid business and legal consulting services for entrepreneurs and companies. “We make sure that entrepreneurs ask all the right questions from initial formation to capital raising. We help growing companies get to that next level,” says Frazer. Having been involved in many start-up enterprises, Frazer is uniquely positioned as a lawyer-entrepreneur to help early stage companies be successful.
Areas OF PRACTICE
Products Liability Litigation
Intellectual Property Litigation
Copyright Infringement Litigation
Real Estate Litigation
Mergers & Acquisitions
Lawyers + Technology
Frazer PLC’s blend of experienced litigators, technology, and corporate lawyers provides clients and partners with significant advantages in litigation, mediation, and business.